Upgrade HTC Explorer to Android 4.0.4 ICS
Now, the cheapest Android Phone from HTC can taste Ice Cream Sandwich as well. Give your old HTC Explorer a new life. Android ICS simply gives it rebirth. With the AOKP custom Rom for HTC Explorer, upgrading from Android 2.3 to 4.0 is a cakewalk.
If you do not have your device rooted, first root your HTC Explorer using the Root Guide below and then continue upgrading. If your device is already rooted, skip the root section and continue to Steps to upgrade HTC Explorer to Android ICS.
Root Guide for HTC Explorer:
1. Download HTC Sync from : www.htc.com/www/help/htc-explorer/#download
2. Browse to www.htcdev.com/bootloader to unlock your phone’s Bootloader. Choose “All other supported models” when you select the device in the given link
3. Download this file and extract on your PC. Now, turn on your Explorer holding the Volume Down and Power Button. Choose Fastboot mode and keep your device connected with USB.
4. Download this file and copy it to your MicroSD5.
5. Next, go to Recovery Mode using (“Volume Down” + “Power”) and install the downloaded file in Step 4 choosing the option “Install Zip from SD card” from Recovery Menu.
Before, you proceed, there is something that you should know. USB tethering won’t work and a simple solution is: You can use Wireless Tethering in its place.
Now, make sure the following are done:
- HTC Explorer USB drivers installed on your PC
- USB Debugging mode enabled
- At least, 90% charged
- Factory Unlocked
- Backup important Data
Steps to upgrade HTC Explorer to Android ICS
Now, follow the steps below:
- Download the following file: http://www.mediafire.com/?mq1xupiui12v3vb
- Copy downloaded file in Step 1 to HTC Explorer’s external memory
- Switch off your phone
- Hold the Volume Down Key and then Power up the phone
- To navigate, use Volume up/down keys and to Select use Power button
- Browse to Bootloader-> Recovery
- In Clockwork Recovery Mode, wipe data first and press power button to select the flash zip from SD Card
- Press power button again to choose zip file from SD card
- Select the ICS Rom and confirm installation
When installation is completed browse back and select Reboot from Recovery Menu.
You are done!!! You now have a rooted Android ICS HTC Explorer with you.