Upgrade Galaxy Y to Jelly Bean Android 4.1
Now, upgrade your Galaxy Y to Jelly bean Android 4.1 This ROM is a customized version of the Jelly Bean Blast Rom for Galaxy Y (Thanks to Andy). This Jelly Bean Rom for Galaxy Y has been taken from other websites and made bug free. Its faster and better.
2 Short Notes on Galaxy Y Upgrade
- Galaxy Y ICS Android 4.0 ROMs are unstable as the core Android 4.0 is used which has more hardware requirements than Galaxy Y can provide
- Galaxy Y Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM is basically based on Android 2.3 with custom classes taken from Jelly Bean like the Jelly Bean Gallery and a few core services like tethering. Know more below
What does the Jelly Bean for Galaxy Y provide?
- Jelly Bean Launcher
- Jelly Bean Lock
- Latest Google Apps package – Play Store, Play Music and Play Movies with new Maps
- Link2SD App added and removed Jelly Bean App Manager (as it uses more RAM making the ROM unstable)
- DSP Manager
- Free Swype Application
- Jelly Bean Gallery and Notification Panel
- Android 4.1 Animations exists (but suggested not to enable them)
- Overall, looks like the latest Android Jelly Bean
- Crap Apps removed
- Completely Stable and Bug Free
Notes before upgrading Galaxy Y to Android 4.1
- Click here to Root your Galaxy Y and Install ClockWorkMod recovery
- The above will wipe out all your data. So, remember to keep backup.
- Samsung Kies will not work after this process as this is a custom ROM
- Download the following files: 1. Jelly Bean on Android 2. ClockWorkMod
Steps to install Android 4.1 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y
- Download the files from links (above) in the previous section
- Copy the Jelly Bean ROM and CWM.zip to your SD Card at the root folder (i.e. no folder)
- Place the rom zip file in your sd card. Do not place it in any folders!
- Switch off your Galaxy Y
- Turn on your Galaxy Y in Download mode using Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
- Use Volume Up/Down keys18
- Select the CWM.zip from from SD card
- Wipe data in Cache in the ClockworkMod recovery
- In CWM_bla_bla recovery, wipe data and cache.
- Install the Jelly Bean ROM from SD Card
- Select JELLYBLASTV3.signed.zip
- Select “Yes” to install
- Reboot your phone and check for the new Jelly Bean on Galaxy Y
Do comment below, if you liked our Jelly Bean Android 4.1 ROM for Galaxy Y