How to Speed up your HTC Desire C
The HTC Desire C is one of the best affordable phones from the Taiwanese manufacturer running on one of the latest Android versions, ICS. But, since the hardware specs of the phone are at the minimum, a bit of tweaking is necessary for the phone to run faster. With only 600 MHz processor and 512 MB of Ram, the device has got little power left to run multiple apps together and multitask efficiently.
The steps below can help you make your HTC Desire C run faster by removing some Android default system processes and freeing up memory.
1. Install Zeam Launcher – https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…51bGwsMSwyLDNd
Available on Play Store, the Zeam Launcher replaces the HTC Sense 4.0 which takes up more than required memory. The Zeam is a small size fast launcher with minimal services in place.
2. Install Juice Defender – https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…5zZWN1cml0eSJd
Available on Play Store, the Juice Defender saves a lot of memory while playing music. It uses up less ram than the stock Android App provided by HTC.
3. Install Titanium backup – https://play.google.com/store/apps/d…dW1CYWNrdXAiXQ
If your HTC Desire C is already rooted, you are in luck as you can easily remove the HTC Sense Launcher which is good for nothing when you have a sluggish phone in your hands. You can also remove other useless apps which takes up disk space in your limited 4GB ROM (Internal memory)
While you can take the above steps, as they do not involve any risks at all, but be aware of some things that you should not do even if suggested elsewhere.
- Do not Overclock your CPU – 0.60GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon S1 is well-known for failing overclocked cycles most of the time. No one would wish to lose their Android completely.
- Do not Install Sysctl Config – Although, it seems that a bit of performance is boosted, it actually kills Android System services thereby making your Desire C more unstable and causing frequent hanging and rebooting.
So, do enjoy a budget friendly HTC Desire C with a better performance.